Please note: You need to have Manager or higher permissions to create resources. Please contact an administrator in your account if you need increased permissions.
Click Resources on the navigation menu.
Click New Resource to open the drop-down menu listing 5 resource types:
• Conference Call Line
• Meeting Room
Please note: Non-human resources can only be booked for specific times, as opposed to durations (e.g., 4h); this is because they can’t manage their own time. See Creating bookings for details on the different booking types.
These common input options are shared among all resources: Name, Time zone, Normal availability, Photo, and Notes.
• Normal availability
This is where you can configure a resource’s “normal” availability, meaning the times that resource is typically available. Default availability (as seen here) is picked up from the Settings in your account (only accessible to Admins), but you can edit the individual availability settings for each resource you add. To remove an existing time block, click the small x at the top right of the appropriate block for the desired day. To add a new time block, click Add Time Block and follow the instructions.
• Photo - A photo/image can be uploaded for resources of all types.
Please note: Once a person has activated their account, only they can update
their own photo.
• Notes - Add information or links related to the resource here.
Because default Normal availability is picked up from Settings, it’s a good idea to configure your account’s preferred default availability in Settings prior to adding resources.
Creating a person resource
Adding a new person offers you several additional input options in addition to those shared with non-human resources:
- Invite this person to join your account - If you want someone to have their own Resource Guru login, you’ll need to invite them into your account by ticking this option. You will also need to add a valid email address. You can always invite or re-invite an existing person at a later date by clicking Invite or Re-send invitation after the person has been added.
- Permissions - If you are inviting a resource into your account, you can configure their permissions as shown here.
- Email - Adding an email address is optional if you’re not inviting the person into your account.
- Bookable - Unticking this means the resource can't be booked and will not appear in the Schedule or Reports. This is useful for anyone who makes bookings but is never booked themselves.
- Custom Fields - This is where you’ll see any custom fields you’ve created, along with Job Title (which is an integrated custom field). You can leave this field blank or remove it from the form entirely (this is done in the custom fields settings).
Expand this section for the following options:
- Color - Assign a color to your resource. This works in conjunction with the Color by Booker option in the Schedule so you can easily see bookings that have been made by specific resources.
- Phone - A phone number can be added if required.